Room of Bronzes
The history of bronze-casting in Warsaw began several centuries ago. The first mention of a separate guild of bronze and brass makers dates back to 1789. The development of bronze making was influenced by refurbishment of royal residences and fitting the interiors of the Royal Castle and the Palace on the Isle. In the Room of Bronzes products of numerous Warsaw-based companies are displayed; amongst them everyday objects as well as glamorous objects, both mass produced and produced individually by commission.