Room of Silverware and Plated Silverware
The Museum of Warsaw collection of silverware and plated silverware originated in the 1950s. The turbulent history of the city and vast damages and losses incurred during the Second World War made it difficult to find valuable objects. Owing to efforts of the past 60 years we have managed to gather a rich and precious repertory of products of the local goldsmith and silversmith industry. The Room features objects arranged according to the workshops and companies from which they stem. The oldest item dates back to 1759, the most recent ones were produced in the 1960s-1980s.